Sunday, November 14, 2010

My boyfriend isn't over his ex, what do i do?

My boyfriend and i have been together for 6 months, and have got to a standstill. I am absolutely crazy about him and am sure that i am in love with him. However he has admitted he still cant get over his girlfriend of 6 years. He was totally in love with her and spent 24/7 with her, they were almost engaged and living together. At the beginning of the relationship we fell for one another and i lost my virginity to him very quickly. soon into it though he got freaked out at the fact he had thrown himself into a relationship, so we cooled if off for a bit. since then i have been trying to hard to make him fall in love with me and get over her, i have given him time and space but am having enough. i deserve love and not to be second best, but i have fallen for him. my head says i need to get rid but my heart says no. Recently i sat him down for a talk about out relationship, and he basically admitted that he still think about and misses his old relationship all the time. he said he threw himself into everything else to put his mind of it, like work and i then realised he probably meant this relationship. he cant even say he loves me. but he is so lovely and kind, and i am in love with him. should i realise he needs time and just keep the relationship easy for him or should i let him go. he is my first love and i cannot even imagine him not being there, i have given him all of me and just don't know what to do. please help me, i don't know how i will cope with or without him. at the moment i have said we need time apart to think and i need to decide. thank you.My boyfriend isn't over his ex, what do i do?
right that is a long time to be with someone, 6 years, you need to understand that how you feel for him now he most likey felt double that for her so imagine how hard it was to be seperated from her. did she finish with him or the other way round, because that makes difference, and where is she now, close?

how much time did you have from when they broke up and you got together?My boyfriend isn't over his ex, what do i do?
I am actually in the same situation...my boyfriend and I have been dating almost three years. However, he was with a girl for 6yrs before me (his ';first'; love).

So far, I still have no idea how to handle the situation.

People keep telling me to listen to my gut feeling. (I probably should...)

Today, I was even told that I need to have him ';fish or cut bait';--which, I guess means I need to tell him to choose.

...

I hope all works out for you. You know, if I had it my way I would tell my boyfriend that he needs to choose and straighten up...we have been together 3yrs...its time for him to get over her or walk. But, I am afraid to do that...that I could lose him.

Relationships are just frustrating.
leave him my honest opinion would be that he is only using you to get over his ex and eventually it he hasn't right? Yes i understand you, i've been there done that but what's the point in staying with him if he keeps bringing his ex up all the time..NO don't deal with that it 's not right you do what you gotta do but if you continue to be with him you will only hurt yourself..
if he can't forget his ex, you can't move forward with him, it's not about being the second best or trying to be the best...right now he isn't even thinking he could go on without thinking about his ex and his past.

You better save yourself n stand on your own 2 feet, move on and don't be part of his breakup grief.
Hmmm difficult one he may have met you on the re bound - did his ex dump him or vice versa?

Best of luck
Ditch him.

He isn't over her. It's not fair on you.
i had the same problem and i had to dump him....

he wasn't over his ex, and i couldn't change that and it was affecting our relationship.

i know it's hard, but there really isn't anything you can do for him.

maybe when he loses you he'll realize what he lost (that did NOT happen for me he went running back to his ex)
This guy sounds genuine and it was very sweet of him to try to get over his ex for you and deserves plenty of credit for that. You should give him space, break it off. You can't help how you feel or who you fall in love with, and he's still in love with his ex. It's hurtful for you and I'm sure he feels guilty too. I think it's best to give him time to heal his heart. If you keep hanging around and trying to make him love you, you'll push him away forever. Cut off all contacts for now until he's ready.
Basically what you should do is talk to him, tell him it's either you or the ex. And if you feel uneasy about him talking to her, move on. If he really loves you he would end contact with his ex, that's why she is an ex for a reason.
your going to have to give him an ultimatum, because what hes doing to you isnt fair: he shouldve left her in the past where she belongs. let him know: its her,or you.
Leave him! He will only cheat on you with her, it is so predictable.

No comments:

Post a Comment