Sunday, November 21, 2010

I fell in love with a girl that still loves her ex, what do i do?

As soon as i say this i know that you'll think i'm not really in love but i am 17. I know it's love because when i think back to any other girl i have liked i had never experienced such a feeling as this.

Since the first day i met this girl i knew she would change my life. We instantly gelled and began to meet up regularly. My life was so bright when she was around. I have to admit that i was shy around her and she was shy around me but when we were on our own together we got on so well! Some of the best times in my life so far have been with her. We never truly became an 'item' but her friends kept telling her she would be good with me and my friends told me that we suited each other. So from my point of view, and others, it seemed to be somewhat perfect! I told her that i liked her and she told me that she liked me too.

I decided that the right thing to do would be to take her on a romantic date, so i asked her and she said 'not yet'. This shocked me slightly as i couldn't find a reason as to why she wouldn't want to... but then she told me that she still loves her ex. So i understood and gave her space and time to move on.

Our communication started to drop... it was as if she decided to ignore me. In my distress i sent her a huge text telling her how i felt and how things looked from my point of view. She told me we went too fast and that she still loves her ex. She said that she was never looking for a relationship. Obviously this crushed me and i replied saying we should be friends... this never really happened. I spent the next couple of days trying to get over her when she sent me a message saying that she misses me. So we mildly began to talk again and i unfortunately grew to like her again. One day she started to talk to me and brought up her exs as if i never liked her, as if i was just a friend. So i decided to make a pact that i would get over her. So for the last two weeks i have ignored her and cut her out of my life. But everything i do, anywhere i go, the songs i listen to, things i look at... they all remind me of her. I would love to be with her but in reality she just loves her ex (and he just wanted to use her for sex!).

After writting all this i guess i can see that me and her most likely wouldn't work out. What do you think i should do? Get over her? Sweep her off her feet?

Thanks in advance.I fell in love with a girl that still loves her ex, what do i do?
Im a girl who is still in love with her ex so i can understand where she is coming from.

she was honest and told you this, so you would understand.

the thing is she wouldnt be being fair on you if she did start dating you while still having these feelings for the ex.

she obviously liked having you around and it was probably nice for her to have a guy friend around that cared for her.

she is probably very confused at the moment and may like you, but i wouldnt keep your hops up.



just think how you would feel and how confused you would feel, being in love with her and have another girl tell you that she wanted to be with you. im sure you would be scared of the prospect of ruining any possibility of being with the one you love again and of ending up hurting someone who cares for you because you know your heart wont be fully with them.



i would suggest you not make a move, she has explained to you that she is still in love...only she can get over this and it could take sometime.

if you feel you can handle it, be a friend, dont read to much into her getting close, she probably could do with a friend right now and someone who will listen to her.

you can maybe give her advice, but dont be to one sided and try and make her sway to you favour



just dont push things with her, respect what she has told you and let her get through this!I fell in love with a girl that still loves her ex, what do i do?
sweep her of her feet shes not in lov with x :
i fell in love with a woman who denies her heart the fulfillment of a dream, she allows others to write the pages and acts out her ';role'; as if there's no alternative, as if her family or her friends would be so shocked if she should ever think outside the box.... and at almost 3 times your age i can tell you things are equally as soul searching, equally as tough when you can't be with the one who sets your heart aglow. if you truly loved, you CAN'T just forget ..



we have to appreciate the fact that we are on the outside looking in .. and all too often it's so easy for them to go with the flow, so as to not to rock the boat or cause ripples in their social circle.. heaven forbid... and then when they dare to step out of sync, they are heavy with guilt and punish themselves by returning to the shackles of a ';make do'; existence...



patience is a virtue, so they say... does that mean we have to sit in the shadowsand watch the ones we love grow old before their time? watch them pass us by?..



i was placed on the shelf ... my way of thinking is ';at least she knows what shelf she put me on'; ...hm?

No comments:

Post a Comment